"S.J. Van Sickle" wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
> > The first of the Seven Signs of the Singularity is when you refinance your
> > house and it's a thirty-second mortgage.
> Pray tell, Eliezer, what are the other Six?
The Seven Signs of the Singularity:
1. You refinance your house and it's a thirty-second mortgage.
2. The Nasdaq moves to scientific notation.
3. The ads on TV are weirder than your hallucinations.
4. You have to buy a new computer each week... and it arrives with the
5. The Luddites are building their own Dyson sphere.
6. Your AI sex doll asks you to use a condom. (*)
7. Your toaster has its own Internet startup.
This came out of a schmooze session at the 2000 Spring Foresight
Gathering. Contributors included Greg Burch and Robert J. Bradbury.
(*) This one is Robert J. Bradbury's fault. There were also some
comments about "firewalls", "denial of service", and "the ping of
death", *none* of which were made by me. I just want that clear on the
-- -- -- -- --
Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/
Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon May 28 2001 - 09:56:40 MDT