Re: Important tax break

From: Brian Atkins (
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:13:27 MDT

I thought that for rolling over into real estate you could only avoid
capital gains on real estate you sold, not stocks.

i.e. you can avoid real estate capital gains by rolling over into new
real estate, or you can avoid stock capital gains by rolling over into
new investment stock, but those are the only two possibilities.

"Michael S. Lorrey" wrote:
> Brian Atkins wrote:
> >
> > You can escape capital gains on stock sales by rolling over the cash into
> > an investment in a small company:
> >
> >
> You can also do so by rolling the money over into real estate or into
> oil exploration.

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Oct 02 2000 - 17:35:06 MDT