Re: Immortality and Resources

J. de Lyser (
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 10:13:27 +0100

At 13:23 6-02-97 -0800, Eric Watt Forste wrote:

>I don't understand how you can make such assertions with such >confidence
>given that you have never studied microeconomics. This stuff is
>considered "the basics" on this list, always has been, and you might as
well get used to it. If you want to argue politics on this list, you
>have to show some understanding of microeconomics.

Your ideas are much clearer to me than they were before, and this time i
actually agreed with 90% of what you had to argument, the remaining 10%, i
don't value high enough to keep argueing them for arguments sake.

Sometimes ideas only make a system work, when combined with other ideas. I
wasn't sure about which other ideas, you intended to combine with the ones
you already mentioned. Even if i had read Friedman and Hayek, i'm sure i
would have asked some of the same questions, in a less naive way probably,
but still political 'basics' leave a lot of room for individual differences.

I will start reading 'the basics'.

I'm sorry my reaction is so short, but i have the flu, and a fever that is
frying my brain. I will catch up with the rest of list as soon as my
temperature is down...

J. de Lyser.