Hi Mike and Hal
Thanks for replying to the e-mail I sent out. I've been tracking the conversation that you've been having in regards to my research. It's been entertaining!
Both of you have made some great points, particularly you Mike, your points about semantics and the negative stigmatisation of the word cyborg is what makes my research so interesting.
I'd be grateful for any more comments that either of you have regarding the following questions. If anybody else on the list would also like to comment I'd be gratefull. This is all really useful for my work.
1) Do you know of anyone who calls themselves cyborg/transhuman/posthuman. Do you know why?
2) Do you think that how we see technology and machine-human interaction influences our response or attitide to technological modifications/alterations.
3) Why do you think people who call themselves cyborgs/posthuman/transhuman are stigmatised by certain groups/people?
4) Why do you think people might want to refer to themsleves in this way? Yes Hal, my research is mostly about self-definition!
5)What is it about technology, the future etc that excites you?
6) Do you think that future technological modficiations to the body may mean an end/beginning to humanity as we know it?
Look forward to hearing your comments
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:39:43 MDT