1) Out of the path of nuclear fallout.
2) Net exporter of food.
3) Survivable weather if electricity/water/gas is turned off for a
4) Not a major player in nanotechnology (not likely to be a target).
5) No hostile countries on border.
6) Minimum of entangling treaties.
7) No restrictions on leaving the country (so you can duck over to the
US and get a seat when Zyvex starts launching the nanospheres).
Except for (3), I'd have to guess Australia.
(Opinion only; I disclaim all expertise.)
-- email@example.com Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/beyond.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jul 27 2000 - 14:13:59 MDT