This came out of a schmooze session at the Foresight Conference.
Contributors included Greg Burch and Robert J. Bradbury.
The Seven Signs of the Singularity:
1. You refinance your house and it's a thirty-second mortgage.
2. The Nasdaq moves to scientific notation.
3. The ads on TV are weirder than your hallucinations.
4. You have to buy a new computer each week... and it arrives with the
5. The Luddites are building their own Dyson sphere.
6. Your AI sex doll asks you to use a condom. (*)
7. Your toaster has its own Internet startup.
(*) This one is Robert J. Bradbury's fault. There were also some
comments about "firewalls", "denial of service", and "the ping of
death", *none* of which were made by me. I just want that clear on the
-- email@example.com Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/beyond.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jul 27 2000 - 14:13:15 MDT