In a spirit of non-confrontational rationalism, I'd like to see if we
can compose a list of ideas that we *ALL* agree on.
If you disagree with any of these memes, could you wave a hand and
1. Forcing our fellow human beings to live their lives as we see fit
is unethical. (Persuading them of the error of their ways so that
they _choose_ to live their lives by our lights is another matter.)
2. Initiating violence against someone is wrong; self-defense is right.
3. The scientific method provides a better way of evaluating reality
than any religious dogma.
4. Progress (increases in human intelligence, longevity, wealth, and
happiness) is possible.
5. Central control is usually less efficient than distributed control.
6. Empowering people to learn, work, and transcend their limits is a good
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon May 28 2001 - 09:56:25 MDT