Re: Transparency Rant

From: Zero Powers (
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 02:06:51 MDT

>From: KPJ <>

>If person X Y. Z wanted to change its name to something else
>in the U.S. of A., how hard is it?

It's not that hard at all. You fill out the application and file it with
the court. The court sets a hearing and asks you to promise that you aren't
changing your name for any illicit purpose (say, to avoid paying child
support) and, as long as you are convincing, its rubber stamp time.

Also there's nothing like the restrictions you describe on the type name you
can have. If I was at all interested in upgrading "Zero" from a nick to a
legal first name the judge might think "what an idiot," but he'd have to
approve it.


"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking
that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man.
Has to be." -- George Taylor _Planet of the Apes_ (1968)

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:40:10 MDT