The dictionary explains that dignity means:
1) The quality of being worthy of esteem or respect
2) Formality in bearing and appearance
3) High office or rank or station
1) Does a human being confined by its limitations (such as having to defecate, having sexual desires and aggressive tendencies), have dignity?
2) Does a human being, afraid of believing in themselves yet relying on an unquestionable belief in others (such as an abstract universal God), have dignity?
3) Does a person's attributes, generated by chance, give that person dignity just because it resulted from chance?
4) Does a person, afraid to learn and discover the unknown, have dignity because of such fear?
5) Does a person with a hatred towards learning more about the universe have dignity because of such hatred?
6) Does a person, afraid to stand up to peer pressure (from the masses) and thus blindly passes laws in the name of morality, have dignity?
Cloning does not degrade dignity, but it actually helps promote it. Those trees had barked up the wrong dogs (and yes, trees, like dogs, have bark too).
If they still have dignity, we had better leave planet Earth. I don't want to let their madness infect my mind and confine my environment.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:40:06 MDT