Re: Stateless Persons
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 15:24:07 -0500

I would suggest you look at the concept of a "PT" (Perpetual Tourist,
Post Taxpayer, etc.) There are many references on the net and texts. The
plan is to divide your life into components so that one state does not
"control" you. In practice you would hold a passport of convenience or
two, work in or out of another tax free haven, bank in another, hold
your assets again in another and live where you wish but not long enough
to be considered a resident there. US Citizens with significant assets
would need to take great care and time to successfully accomplish this.
Practically speaking you would need to have a portable profession and
the infrastructure is expensive so the payback period to recover those
costs could be years.
While I personally know the PT structure is viable and accomplished I
also know many more try than succeed.