At the time I began constructing the mechanical portions, I didn"t really have a
good concept for the software. I continuously mulled ideas over in the back of
my mind while I soldered and glued, trying to decide what a robigotchi actually
does. Of course, the software had to be very simple if there was any hope of
finishing it on time. I wound up ditching several neural network "learning"
algorithms and settling for a simple subsumption architecture implementing
"collision evasion", "phototaxis", and "forward attraction" behaviors.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon May 28 2001 - 09:50:15 MDT