Announcing Fungimol version 0.3.
Fungimol is a extensible system that allows one to design atomic-scale
objects. It's written in C++, and presently runs under Linux.
It comes with source and binaries for Brennermd, a Fortran public
domain molecular dynamics system for hydrocarbon chemistry produced by
Donald Brenner, J.A. Harrison, S.B. Sinnott, and O. Shenderova.
Changes since version 0.2:
* Ball-and-wire drawing of atoms.
* Wire frame drawing becomes dimmer toward the back of the scene, so
you can see depth.
* The initial scene is centered in the frame.
* One executable handles both the 16 and 32 bit per pixel cases (it
took two executables before), so the binary distribution is smaller.
* Brennermd is included so you only need to download only one
file. (Brennermd is still available as a separate package.)
* It takes a file to read as a command line argument. For instance,
it can be plugged into a browser and used as a pdb file viewer.
* Better reading and writing of PDB files.
* Minor UI improvements.
Documentation, sources, and binaries are at
Jul 8, 2000
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Oct 02 2000 - 17:34:12 MDT