"Robert J. Bradbury" wrote:
> Natasha, how about some off the wall irreverent T-shirts as
> well as the more serious (simple or artistic) ones? I'd love to
> get a T-shirt with Eli's "10 Signs the Singularity is Imminent"
> or whatever he called it (someone will have to get it out of the
> Archives or Eli will have to repost it).
Hm... actually, that might go quite well on the back of a T-Shirt. Here's
the revised version (from the best of the recent discussions here):
The Seven Signs of the Singularity:
1. You refinance your house and it's a thirty-second mortgage.
2. GM turnips form a biotech company and sequence their own genome.
3. The Nasdaq moves to scientific notation.
4. Your toaster has its own webcam site.
5. "Femtotrading" is frowned upon by day traders.
6. The Luddites are building a reclusive, slower-paced Dyson Sphere.
7. People are debating whether the Singularity will arrive in 2008 or
Here's the attributions:
* You refinance your house and it's a thirty-second mortgage. * The Nasdaq moves to scientific notation. * You have to buy a new computer each week... and it arrives with the groceries. * The Luddites are building their own Dyson sphere.
* Your toaster has its own webcam site.
* People are debating which nanosecond the Singularity is expected to arrive.
* GM turnips form a biotech company and sequence their own genome. * The gunk under your fridge is uplifted and gets a place of its own. * Short-term femtotrading is frowned upon by daytraders.
-- -- -- -- -- Eliezer S. Yudkowsky http://singinst.org/ Research Fellow, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon May 28 2001 - 09:59:42 MDT