Instructions for Life
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 00:47:34 -0500
A friend sent this to me, thought I'd pass it on.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE:
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorize your favourite poem.
- Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all
- When you say, "I love you", mean it.
- When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the
only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don't judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slow, but think quick.
- When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile
and ask, "Why do you want to know?".
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Call your mom.
- Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for
others; Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you've made a mistake, take immeiate steps
to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in
- Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, (if
you get older) their conversational skills will be as important as
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books and watch less TV.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older (if you
get older) and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
- Trust in God but lock your car. (And learn Kung-Fu).
- A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can
to create a tranquil harmonious home.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation.
Don't bring up the past.
- Read between the lines.
- Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gently with the earth.
- Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
- Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
- Mind your own business.
- Don't trust a man/woman who doesn't close his eyes when you
- Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while
you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke
- Learn the rules then break some.
- Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for
each other is greater than your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Remember that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
- Never drprive someone of Hope... It might be all they have.
Send this to at least 5 people and your life will improve
0-4 people: Your life will improve slightly.
5-9 people: Your life will improve to your liking.
9-14 people: You will have at least 5 surprises in the next 3 weeks.
15 & above: Your life will improve drastically and everything you ever
dreamed of will begin to take shape.
Ginny Curley Phone: (402) 354-4274
Coordinator for Service-Learmomg amd Leadership firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Methodist College Fax: (402) 354-8875
8501 West Dodge Road
Omaha, Ne 68114
"I've learned that everyone has something to teach."
-Live and Learn and Pass it On-