Jerry Mitchell wrote:
> I was just raising a red flag as I clearly stated when I said "My point
> being etc...."
> My point
> > is that 99 times out of 100 that you see the term extremism being used,
> > there will shortly be an argument by intimidation behind it and not an
> > argument of logic.
YES, people definitely do seem to use the word "extremism" as:
1) a deprecation of a belief
2) a deprecation of a person
3) a justification for use of government power
4) feelings of self righteousness
5) posturing for political gain
...among other things.
OK, very useful point. Thanks for adding it, sorry I missed it the first
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon May 28 2001 - 09:56:17 MDT