From: "Paul Feine" <email@example.com>
To: "ycf" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:20:03 -0500
Subject: IHS grant program for aspiring filmmakers, fiction writers, journalists, policy analysts
Young Communicators Grants (up to $5000) will be awarded by the Institute for Humane Studies to enable aspiring filmmakers, creative writers, journalists, publishers, and public policy analysts to take advantage of career-enhancing opportunities.
For opportunities during the summer of 2000, proposals must be postmarked by March 15, 2000 (this deadline can be somewhat flexible, depending on the nature of your planned activity).
Past fellowship winners have used the grants to:
* fund an internship on the set of the prime time sci-fi television program Outer Limits;
* complete a screen-writing project under the direction of UCLA film school professor;
* participate in a collaborative independent feature film workshop;
* attend the Stanford Professional Publishing Course;
* work as an intern at the Orange Country Register and Reason magazine;
* intern at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Institute for Economic Affairs, and the Institute for Children.
Smaller Communicator Assistance Fund grants to fund, for example, attendance at a career-relevant weekend seminar or a trip to conduct research for an historical novel, are also available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
Email Paul Feine at IHS with any questions about these grant programs.
***To find out how to contact Liberty magazine for information regarding their paid internships, visit their website.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jul 27 2000 - 14:04:27 MDT