On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Alexander McLin wrote:
> -What other possible paths are there? Which one do you think is the most
> likely outcome?
Well, lets see, we have:
- "Singularity by AI by design",
- "Singularity by AI by self-evolution",
- "Singularity by nanotech",
- "Singularity by biotech" (it does give you self-replication and
self-assembly, diamondoid not-strictly required)
- "Singularity because the SIs take pity on us and hand us the techknowhow",
- "Singularity because we discover SIs and hurl ourselves headlong into
a defense build-up".
- "Singularity by population and/or economic growth producing an ever
accelerating number of scientists & engineers"
- "Singularity by the stock market going ballistic"
We can of course offer most of these with a variety of condiments.
Due to customer demand, most of these are already cooking on the grill
so whatever you order should be served up quite quickly.
As numerous discussions on the list have shown, tastes among our
customers vary quite a bit, so it is quite difficult to say which
will be the favorite selection.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Thu Jul 27 2000 - 14:03:40 MDT